Tuesday 4 March 2014

Extended Practice/ FMP Brief

This brief is a self directed brief. This basically means that we can create anything we want. For my FMP I am wanting to create a 10 - 15 minute documentary on graffiti. The aim of the documentary is to give graffiti artists more of a voice and a chance to explain themselves more as to why they do what they do. I think I will mainly be looking at a crew called the BTK which are based in Leeds. I will post along about them shortly.

As the documentary is going to be around 15 minutes long, I think I would like to split it in to three 5 minute segments which will include the illegal, legal and gallery genres of graffiti. This would be useful because it would give more structure to the documentary and I would be able to try get in touch with other artists who have originated from graffiti and ventured into other forms of it.

Throughout the documentary I want to have montages of graffiti and gallery art to show how things change and I want to also give factual information narrated over the documentary.

I will continue to post blog posts like this talking about any changes I decide to make to my idea. My plan for now is research research research and plan about who and what I am going to have in my documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment