Monday 15 April 2013

Script for practical video...

This is the script for the practical we have to do for this module. It is not 100% finished as a script as I just started talking freely while filming. The video is a vlog which I will be uploading to my YouTube channel. I will post it on here once it is available online.

"Hey guys, this video today is completely different but some what similar to what I normally do on this channel.

For the past few weeks I have been writing a 3000 word essay for university 'pull a daunting face'

So this video is basically going to be me talking about the essay I have just finished yesterday 'cheers'

If you aren't very interested then feel free to click off this video but if you are interesting in seeing what I have to say stay tuned!

The essay iv written is all about Facebook and how it effects the formation of identities in contemporary society. Iv simplified this title down to just "what is Facebook?" for this video and so I can talk on a bit of a wider scale.

The first thing I think I should talk about is identity it's self. Identity is the thing that makes you and me, us. It's our personality, our flaws, our like and dislikes. Everything we do is part of our identities.

For example I ride a penny board (show penny) so this is part of my identity ( and yea I understand its pink and purple before you make a joke about it but iv ordered my own custom one which you can see here *point to space*) any other things that 'identify' me could be that I'm a apple user (not am apple user like I cheat on apples but like my iPad, my macbook and my iPhone). Others things that make me, me are like the way I have my hair cut, the way I dress or even just the accent I talk in.

Many different things make us who we are but I want to talk about a vehicle that helps us explore different identities and helps us form our own. (Short pause) Facebook!

Now Facebook has been around since 2004 when the creator Mark Zuckerburg made the site live from this form room at Harvard University. It blew up fast with over 650 users in just 24 hours! To date there are other 1 billion users on Facebook all across the world! That's around one 15% of the worlds entire population!!

In my essay I talk about how identity in different eras of life have changed. Back in the early 20th century your identity was very much already given to you when you where born from it being passed down to you from generations before you. For example if you where born a male and your farther was a farmer, you where most likely to be a farmer yourself. If you where born female and your mother was a factory worker, you probably would become a factory worker also.

It is only recently that the freedom to create your own identities has come about."

No comments:

Post a Comment