Wednesday 5 December 2012

Films & Characters that relate...

When our group where first thinking about what we wanted to create for this project we each gave our own idea about what we think we should do and then our idea just kind of moulded together! 

Everything we decided on in my eyes related these images and filmed clips shown below. For each one I will explain why and how it related to either the characters or the environment...




















Elastigirl  from The Incredibles movie: 
Elastigirl for me was related to our character Gloria Kendrick mainly because of her height but also because of her hair style too. As soon as out group started to describe our character Gloria, Elastigirl popped into my head straight away. To start with we decided we wanted her to be really tall and clumsy, my initial thought was "like Elastigirl from The Incredibles" so I pitched this across to Lija and Siobhan and they liked the idea so the height of Gloria was styles against the height and elasticity of Elastigirl. 








Gilbert Huph from The Incredibles movie: 
The other character in our Cinematic is Moustache Man who I feel is a similar character to Gilbert Huph, Mr. Incredibles boss in The Incredibles movie. Gilbert Huph is a very short angry man who is considerably smaller than Mr. Incredible (AKA: Bob Parr). When we where thinking about the second character for our cinematic I thought it would be a really good idea to have a 'boss' kind of character as Gloria in in P.I (Private Eye) training. Instantly I thought of Gilbert Huph as I know the concept of having a much shorter character than gloria would be a funny concept because of her height of around 6 foot.



Spy Kids 3 Opening Scene:
Once we starting thinking about the story of the cinematic and we decided we wanted to have a P.I my instant thought and relation to this was the first scene from the Spy Kids 3 film where Juni Cortez is narrating over the footage shown at the start explaining that he's a private eye etc. This also helped a lot with the dialogue and the sound tracks for our own cinematic. 



Men in Black Training Scene:
Once we had figured out what kind of story we wanted, a training facility for an agent. I started looking at and thinking of past films iv watched that have some sort of training scene in them, the best one I could think of that related to what we wanted to do was the Men In Black training scene, where Will Smith is going through training to become an agent with the Men In Black! In this scene he is sent into a room with flashing strobes, a gun, a cardboard city and cardboard aliens popping out at him and he had to decide which needs shooting and which deserves to live. The idea of having a cardboard city linked really well to whats we wanted to do so while designing it I mainly thought of this scene from this film! Below is an image of the environment our cardboard city.... 







No comments:

Post a Comment