Monday 4 February 2013

Mood Boards & Research


For the design of my space ship, my initial idea was to have a like dark, evil looking kind of space ship with two grannies inside it giving it a real contrast. But then I was asking around on Facebook to some of my peers and a few suggested doing a shreddie space shit as its grannies and then it relates from the knitting nanas advert from Shreddies. 

 

Once I thought about the suggestion of making it a Shreddies space ship my ideas all began to just form together. Instead of having a contrast of an invasion from evil to funny iv just decided to go for a comedy themed invasion. 

I started look into Shreddies and also Shredded Wheat more to see what they look like, what shape they are and what their insides look like. This reminded me of the Shredded Wheat advert below: 

 

This helped me to understand the interior for my spaceship which led me ok to think about what would be in the inside of it. 
I did this quick mood board of what kind of chair I would want my grannies to be sat in and what kind of wallpaper i would want around the space shit. My thoughts on the interior is that I want to keep it old and 'grannie' style but have it modern as its a space shit which is futuristic. 


I understand we need to have a character in our UFO and to be honest this has worried me quite a bit because I am no good with Maya which is why I have decided to make a character that is the simplest I can. Here is the mood board for my character ideas: 


Iv decided I want to make a gnome character as they relate to old ladies as they have them in there garden plus Im not sure how simpler I could go in terms of modelling a character in maya. The gnome is going to be how the person gets abducted into the pace ship because its going to throw down a fishing wire and hook them up into the ship.

Please give me feedback on anything you think I should change or improve on would be a great help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment