Tuesday 23 April 2013

Documentary Research


Aaron 'Wheelz' Fotheringham - Wheelchair Action Sport




Chris Akrigg-The Turning Point 



Keep Drifting Fun

As I am wanting to create a Documentary style within my video I decided, as I had never done this before to do some research on how other video makers have made an action sports video with an interview embedded into it. Above are a couple of different ones I have watched to get a good idea of how to approach this new video making style. 

My favourite video out of the three above has to be iv editing terms the 'Keep Drifting Fun' video. I like it because well for one its long and entertaining, two its about drifting which appeals to me but mainly because of the way it is shot and edited! Its a fun video and you can tell the people who made it had fun filming it. They use a lot of grains in this video too and the fonts that appear on screen have been well edited into the video too! I may look into doing something like this when it comes to creating my title sequence. 

Overall though the feeling I get from these videos is that I need to decide wether to have the interview interlaced in with the action or have the interview before or after the action. I don't think I will make this decision until I have actually started editing both sections of the video but time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment