Tuesday 23 April 2013

Initial Ideas

After being briefed on this responsive brief, I initially thought of two different ideas that I was very excited to do. One was to make a short documentary on small businesses and large businesses that started off small. It would have shown the contrast between the two and would have had some very nice cinematography shots in it. My other idea what to create a short mute narrated film on what life is like to a teenager, going through all sorts of different feeling and emotions.

Yesterday we had one to one tutorials with our tutors and after talking to them I realised that I hadn't even thought about the transmedia aspect of the brief so I have had to scrap those ideas and come up with something different that meets everything I need to do for this module.

So my new idea is to create a downhill extreme sport, POV video. Luckily I have already started filming some clips for this months ago and I am due to go out and film the rest of it this saturday. This sort of video will work because for it to fit in with the 'transmedia' aspect I can explain how it could be made into a first person POV downhill game. I am excited to have this filmed as it gives me a good chance to fully use my Go Pro Hero 3 and I would like to rent out one of the 5D mark 3's from university so I can get some 'out of body'/'birds eye view' shots. I am also going to still incorporate a documentary style to the video by having a short interview with the rider asking him questions about his passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment