Wednesday 19 March 2014

Test Footage


Today I took my GoPro and did some test shots for my video. I used various different attachment such as Head, Chest, Roll Bar mount and GoPole Grip. Below are videos of the the different test shots I did, each video is for a different attachment and in each video the attachment is angled differently to see which angle works best.

Test 001: Head Mount

I really like the POV (point of view) shots I got from using the head mount, I will definitely be using this attachment when it comes to actually filming for the documentary. The last test shot in the sequence is the best one because it is angled at the right angle to get the arm, hand and can in shot properly while still showing enough of the wall.

Test 002: Attached To Wrist
While thinking of ideas for different ways to attach/mount the GoPro, I thought of attaching it to the wrist. Unfortunately I do not own the wrist mount that GoPro have for sale neither do University have a wrist mount accessible for loan, so I has to improvise. It was uncomfortable but I used my roll bar mount to get this close up angle of the hand and the can, I moved it slightly more to the left so I could get the cap of the can in the shot more. I may use this type of mounting again when it comes to actually filming but I am not 100% sure as it is just awkward! 

Test 003: Chest Mount
The chest mount if one of my favourite attachments that I have for my GoPro, once I got the angle correct the shots looked really good and I will defiantly be using this attachment again! I think the right angle is in-between the middle and last clip in this sequence. 

Test 004: GoPole Grip
I have two different types of GoPole, for these shots I was using my smaller grip one, I know for definite I will will using this when it comes to flaming but I decided to do a test this it just to see how well it works and what the shots looked like. 

Test 005: Attached To Can
I really wanted to try attach the GoPro to the can. To do this I was hoping to use my roll bar mount but unfortunately it wouldn't fit around the can. Instead I went and bought some masking tape to tape the GoPro while attached to my small GoPole to the can with the take, it worked quite well although the angles in the sequence where you can see the cap from above, the camera does get in the way of the cap which could make using the spray can quite difficult. 

Test 006: Slow Mo - Attached To Can

Finally with some one the shots while testing it being attached to the can I decided to change the resolution and frame rate of the camera from 1080p 60fps to 720p 120fps just to see if I could get any really interesting slow motion of the spray paint coming out of the can. It wasn't as interesting I thought  but I still may choose to get some slow mo clips of something else in the video like a shake of the can r something like that.

Overall doing these tests where beneficial as now I can start begin to do shot lists etc for the final video.

No comments:

Post a Comment